Are you in a new relationship? Have you just started dating?
Great to know, dear!
The new phase of a relationship is so good. Everything seems beautiful. You see rainbows even in the blackest of things. And you start loving your life. Do these sound similar to you?
Well, we all have been there and experienced that.
I dated only one guy in my life, and I married him. I can tell how you go gaga over your partner in the early days of your relationship. My husband and I were in a long-distance relationship before our marriage. He used to take out time and come meet me in my city just to give me surprises. And I loved it!
But now, five years into our marriage and being parents to a little princess, we hardly get time to pamper each other.
So, dear, enjoy this beautiful phase of your relationship and love each other like there is no tomorrow!
Now, let’s come to the downside of being in a new relationship. There is not much that you know about each other. And you try your best to know all you can about your partner, isn’t it?
Here comes the question, “what should you ask?”
To help you know your partner better, I have listed some questions for a new relationship. Ask these to your partner, and you will be surprised to know so much about them. Trust me!
Table of Contents
Questions For a New Relationship
From questions about family and childhood to questions about career and love – you will find all kinds of questions in this list. All you need is to ask!
Questions For a New Relationship About Their Background or Childhood
I know you have just started dating, and there is a sea of questions you need to ask your partner!
Let’s start with questions about their background. What do you say?
- Which is your birthplace?
- How was your childhood?
- Did you have many friends when you were a child?
- Were you an introvert or an extrovert?
- How was your neighborhood like in your childhood?
- Do you have siblings, or are you an only child?
- How close are you to your siblings?
- What is the number of siblings that you have?
- Do you have a small or a large family? How was your family structure?
- What kind of equation did you have with your parents?
- Were you close to your parents? Or you didn’t talk to them much?
- Is there anyone between your parents that you are closer to?
- What kind of upbringing did you have?
- Were your parents strict towards you, or were they kind of relaxed?
- What was the name of your school from where you did your primary education?
- How were you as a student? Were you an average one or a brilliant one?
- Did you use to score good or average?
- Did your parents receive any complaints from your school regarding you? If so, what was it mostly for?
- Were you into games in your childhood?
- What were your favorite games? Name them
- Did you like your neighborhood?
- Did you have friends from your neighborhood or were your friends mostly from your school?
- Did you face any kind of abuse in your childhood?
- Were there any struggles in your family when you were a kid?
- Do you see your family often?
- Do you like to live with your family or do you want to live alone?
- What is the best memory you have of your childhood?
- What is the worst memory you have of your childhood?
- What is the silliest memory you have of your childhood?
- What is the weirdest memory you have of your childhood?
- What is the funniest memory you have of your childhood?
- Did you fall for anyone in your school?
- Who was your first crush?
- Can you tell me when you first developed a crush on someone?
- Have you ever had a crush on any of your teachers?
- How did you feel when you first confessed your love for someone?
- Does your family support you in whatever you do?
- What is it that your family expects from you the most?
- Do your parents have any expectations from you?
- Do you think you have successfully met your parents’ expectations?
- Do you feel pressurized by your parents’ expectations?
- What kind of background do you have in terms of religion? Do you have a religious family?
- Do you feel it is easy to share everything – your personal information – with your parents?
- Are you happy to be a part of the family you already are?
- How cool is your family?
- Is there anyone in your family whom you are closer to?
- Who is your partner in crime in your family?
- How strong is your bond with your siblings?
- Did you and your siblings fight a lot when you were a kid?
- How much do you care for your siblings?
- Do you go to your family home to celebrate all holidays and traditions with them?
- If your family gets to know that you have a new partner, how supportive do you think they will be of it?
Questions For a New Relationship About Each Other
Being in a relationship means being each other’s backbone in weakness and strength. And for that, the first thing that you need to do is know about each other more than you know about yourself!
- What do you want from this relationship? Are you looking for a long and serious one, or are you in this for a fling?
- Do you get afraid if someone asks for commitments?
- How committed are you to this relationship?
- Do you believe in a certain religion?
- What all hobbies do you have?
- If you get some spare time from your work, what do you do then?
- Do you like music?
- What kind of music do you like to play?
- Do you like to dance?
- Are you a good dancer?
- What are your thoughts about me? Do you think I am a great partner for you?
- What characteristic of mine would you like to change if given a chance?
- What is my worst characteristic, according to you?
- What is the best trait I have, according to you?
- Which of my body part is your favorite?
- Do you think I look good even without makeup?
- What attracts you to me?
- What is the first thing you saw in me when we first met?
- Do you remember what I was wearing when we first met?
- Do you remember my date of birth?
- Do you know what my favorite food is?
- Do you know what my favorite color is?
- Do you believe in fate?
- Do you think that it is fate that has brought us together?
- Do you really think you are in love with me or are you not sure yet?
- Do you think of me when I am not with you?
- Does it happen to you that you eagerly wait for the time of our meeting every day?
- Do you think we look good together?
- Have you told your friends about me yet? If so, what were their reactions?
- Do your friends think we make a great couple?
- What was your first thought about me?
- Did you imagine that we would end up being a couple when we met for the first time?
- Do you get jealous when I talk to my friends of the opposite gender?
- Have you noticed someone else checking me out? What were you thinking then?
- Were you nervous before our first kiss? What made the nervousness go away?
- Have you thought about us being intimate for the first time?
- What is your favorite time pass?
- Who is your best buddy?
- Where am I on your priority list? Did I make it to the top three, or do I still have to wait a bit?
- How were you feeling before confessing your feelings for me?
- Did you have the thought that I might reject you?
- Do you think I am good at listening?
- How comfortable are you with me? Do you think you can share with me anything and everything?
- Would you like me to change, or do you like the way I already am?
- Would you like it if I asked you to change it?
- Do you think I have a good dressing sense?
- What are your thoughts about the next five or ten years? Do you think we will still be together then?
- Do you see your future with me?
- What are your thoughts on an open relationship?
- Do you want to move in before getting married?
- At what age do you plan on getting married?
- What are your thoughts about kids? Do you want to have kids?
- How many kids would you like to have?
- Is there any place where you would like to have your destination wedding?
- What type of wedding would you like to have? An intimate one or a big fat wedding?
- Would you put your career first or your family first?
- Do you have any plans about moving to a different city for your job?
- Do you think we should go out often? How often?
- Do you like to go on dates with me?
- What is your favorite kind of date with me?
- Would it be okay if I ask you to come to my house?
- Are you okay with meeting my parents, or do you think it is too early?
- Would you like to spend the night with me?
- How about a movie marathon tonight?
- What is the one thing that you like to do on a date the most?
- Do you like movie dates, or are you more of a restaurant person?
- Do you like long drives? Would you like to go with me to one?
- How do you like me to plan our date nights?
- Would you like to celebrate our special days?
- Would you like to introduce me to your friends?
- Are you more of a romantic or a not-to-romantic person?
- Do you see me in your future?
- What if your friends don’t like me? Would you still date me?
- What if your parents don’t like me? Would you still date me?
- Do you think we complete each other?
- Do you find peace in me?
- Suppose you are having a rough day. Who would you like to talk to? Is it me, or is it someone else?
- Would you like to introduce me to your parents?
- What is the one thing that made you think that we could be a couple?
- Are you a private person, or is your life like an open book?
- What do you think is your strongest point?
- What is your favorite quality of yourself?
- What do you think about your looks?
- What, according to you, is the best part of your body?
- Who do you love the most?
- What will you do if your love life hampers your work life?
- How do you plan to maintain a healthy balance between your love life and your work life?
- How much time do you like to spend with your family?
- Are you a family person? If not, how would you like to describe yourself?
- What are your thoughts about pets? Do you like to have one?
- Would you like to move in with me?
- If we move in, would you like to keep it a secret, or would you like to share it with your friends and family?
- What are your thoughts about cleanliness, in case we move in?
- How would you like to divide the chores between us if we move in?
- If we move in, would you like me to have pets?
- Would you allow our friends to come in if we move in too?
- If we move in, how should we share the financial burden?
- If you move in, who is going to cook?
- Are you good at cooking?
- Are you a good dancer?
- If we move in, how would you like to decorate our room?
- Do you like shopping?
- Is there food that you just can’t tolerate?
- What is your favorite food?
- Do you like home-cook meals or restaurant-brought meals more?
- Are you into sports?
- Which is your favorite sport?
- Which sport are you good at?
Personal Questions For a New Relationship
How about some personal questions?
After all, you are in a romantic relationship, and you need to talk about romance!
- Can you remember an incident from your past that you have never shared with anyone else before?
- How happy was your childhood?
- Was your childhood unhappy?
- What is the one thing that you hated the most in your childhood?
- Do you need some alone time with yourself from time to time?
- Do you remember how you proposed to your first partner?
- Why did you break up with your last partner?
- Is there anything that I need to know about you that I don’t know already?
- How good are you at hiding your feelings?
- Have you ever missed your chance to be with someone you loved just because you were too shy to express your feelings?
- Are you an extrovert?
- How cool are you in letting your partner talk to their friends of the opposite sex?
- Would you mind if I met one of my guy friends alone?
- Would you mind if I went to watch movies with my friends?
- Are you a jealous boyfriend, or are you a cool one?
- If God gave you the chance to go to your past and undo any one of your mistakes, which mistake would you want to undo?
- Have you ever cheated on in your past relationships?
- Have you been cheated on in your past relationships?
- Are you happy with me? Be honest
- Do you see a happy future with me?
- Do you smoke?
- Do you drink?
- How often do you smoke?
- Do you drink every day, or are you an occasional drinker?
- What insecurities do you have?
- What makes you frustrated easily?
- Is there anything that can make you angry in seconds?
- Is there anything that can make you happy in seconds?
- Does seeing me makes you happy?
- Do you have any issues with intimacy?
- Do you think it is okay to be intimate even if we are just at the first stage of our relationship?
- Have you ever been locked up in jail?
- Have you ever smoked pots?
- Have you ever tried bike racing?
- How confident are you?
- Do you think you will look good with long hair?
- Have you ever stalked someone on social media?
- Have you ever spied on your partner?
- Do you like to take risks in life, or are you happy with a life without risks?
- Do you like adventures?
- Have you ever been betrayed by your best friend?
- What do you do when you feel depressed?
- What is your go-to music to lift yourself up?
- Have you ever tricked someone?
- Have you ever walked into some embarrassing situation?
- Have you ever betrayed your best friends?
- Do you have many friends, or are you selective when it comes to making friends?
- Do you like the personality you have, or do you want to improve your personality?
- Have you ever taken therapy for something?
- Have you ever dealt with severe depression?
- Do you have any bad habits that you are trying hard to get rid of?
- Are you more of a night person or a day person?
- Do you stay up late at night, or do you go to bed early?
- What do you do when the situation becomes unfavorable?
- What was the longest time you took to get yourself out of a breakup?
- Have you dealt with too many heartbreaks?
- Do you believe in true love? Do you think it exists?
- Do you think if two people are madly in love with each other, they can get out of any crisis in life victoriously?
- Have you ever tried to make a couple break up so that you get a chance to be in a relationship with one of them?
- Have you ever lied in a relationship? If so, why?
- Do you still think about your exes?
- Do you think you still have feelings for one of your exes?
- What would you do if we come face to face with one of your exes? How do you plan to handle the situation?
- If you ever come across your ex, will you talk to them or ignore them?
- What do you hate the most about being in a relationship?
- What is the best thing about being in a relationship?
- Have you ever doubted my feelings?
- Have you ever stalked me on social media before we became a couple?
- When was the first time that you realized you had feelings for me?
- What, according to you, is my worst habit?
- According to you, which bad habit of mine should I get rid of?
- Are you into astrology? Do you think we met because of the stars?
- Do you know if we are a good match according to astrology?
- Do you like experimenting in relationships?
- What, according to you, are the pillars of a relationship?
- What, according to you, is the one thing that has helped in making our relationship grow strong?
- Have you ever fought with anyone because of your relationship?
- Do you like slow music, or are you more of a loud music person?
- Which is your favorite love song?
- Have you ever fallen in love at first sight?
This collection of questions for a new relationship can turn into meaningful conversations between you and your partner. And it can be great for a new relationship.
Don’t forget to let me know how it goes!
Hey there, Martha here, a full-time mom of two, currently trying to bring a small impact in everyone’s life whom I can reach through The Queen Momma. I usually write on topics related to parenting, pregnancy and motherhood. Having gone through a few rocky relationships myself, I consider myself somewhat of an “expert” on topics related to dating and relationships.
I formerly worked at Special Needs Network Inc and BrightStar Care of Beverly Hills as a head manager. I have a passion for assisting organizations and individuals in achieving their objectives and have had the opportunity to do so throughout my professional career. At present, writing for The Queen Momma is a great addition to my professional career.