Are you planning a get-together with your friends? Do you want to make it interesting with some fun games to play? How about two truths and a lie?
This game is so much fun to play! And did I tell you that it works as a perfect ice breaker too?
This means if you are on a date and want to do something fun together while knowing each other a bit, this game can work great!
Not everyone is a good liar, isn’t it?
While some of us can lie with an honest face, others cannot. And their faces become hilarious when the latter try to make their lies sound believable. This can lead to many funny moments.
Also, you will get to know which of your friends is a good liar. And that’s a plus! Isn’t it?
So, how good are you at telling lies? Or how quickly can you detect if anyone lies in front of you?
Come, let’s check with this hilarious game.
And if you are unsure how to play this game, don’t worry. I have discussed the two truths and a lie game in this article. So all you have to do is read it till the end.
Did I tell you what the best thing about this game is?
You don’t need any extra equipment to play. Just be present. That’s all.
Also, I have listed some examples of lies you can use to make them sound believable to your friends.
Table of Contents
Two Truths and a Lie: How to Play?
So, you want to play this exciting game with your friends but don’t know how to get started. Right?
This section is just for you!
I mentioned earlier that you don’t need special equipment to play this fun game. But, if you are playing for points, you can always keep a pen and a piece of paper handy to write down the scores.
Don’t have any misconception that you need a large group to play two truths and a lie. Yes, it is more fun in a group of six or more. But that doesn’t make it any less fun when you play it one-on-one–on a date as an icebreaker.
I’m giving the instructions here, assuming you are in a group.
Now, let’s begin.
Sit in a circle. Know that each of you will get a turn to tell about yourself.
Pick any one of you randomly to start the game. Then they will have to say three sentences about themselves.
Among them, two sentences will be true and one lie.
The statements you all make don’t necessarily have to be life-revealing or intimate. Instead, they could be regarding your interests, hobbies, life experiences, and career – something that makes you unique.
Once you hear the statements, you have to guess which two are truths and which one is a lie.
Once you all have finished guessing, the person who made the statements will tell you who guessed it right.
One of the persons who guessed right will go next and share their two truths and a lie statements.
This will continue until all the people in the group share their statements.
Then, of course, you can play multiple rounds.
Also Read:- 188 Funny Truth Or Dare Questions For Teens
Two Truths and a Lie: Tips and Tricks to Play
Do you want the other players in the group not to catch your lie correctly? Or do you want to catch the lies of other players correctly?
Here I am with some tips and tricks for playing this fun game. Follow these, and the chances are that you will get your wish fulfilled!
- When you are giving your three statements of one lie and two truths, make sure that you speak clearly and slowly.
If you want not to give away a lot of information with your body language and your tone, stick to statements that are simple and not too long.
Also, you can select a theme and make statements about that.
For example, you can use the theme green and choose statements that match the theme. So you can say that you colored your hair green in college.
- You can make two shocking statements that are true. And then one average statement that is a lie. The chances are that the other people in the group will regard the believable statement as truth and one of the two shocking statements as a lie.
- You can make two average, boring, or not-so-striking statements and one surprising statement.
One of the boring statements can be a lie. And the surprising statement can be a truth.
The other players may choose the surprising statement as a lie, which is actually the truth.
- When you are making your statements, don’t just tell a lie last.
- Try to be expressionless when you are making your statements.
- When you are making your statements, keep the tone of your voice consistent throughout.
- Whenever it is your turn to say two truths and a lie, mix the order.
- Don’t over-explain your statements.
- If it is your turn to guess the lies of the other players, pay close attention to their nervous body language, change in voice, and change in tone.
All this could mean that the statement they are giving is not a truth. And if you missed something, you can ask them to make their statements again.
- What if you know the person making the statements well, and you already know which statements are truths and which are lies?
Well, don’t give your answer first and let others change their guesses listening to your answer. Instead, wait for others to answer and then answer at the end.
Best Two Truths and a Lie Ideas
Now that you know all about the game of two truths and a lie, it is time that you dive right into the lies that I have listed here!
In the following sections, you can find lie statement ideas about family, achievements, sports, and more.
Of course, you can change them into positive or negative forms if they are true for you.
So, are you ready to convince your friends of your lies? Or are you ready to guess the lies of your friends?
Let’s get started!
Ideas for Lies About Family
Are you playing this hilarious game with your friends?
Then it is time to see how well they know your family, or childhood with the following lies.
And if you are playing this game as an icebreaker on your first date, you will get to know if your partner is good at guessing your lies.
It is fun in both ways!
- It was my uncle who taught me how to swim
- My grandmother taught me how to make a pie
- My sister and I used to share a room
- I had a cat for a pet
- I had a dog for a pet
- I have three siblings
- I used to fight with my siblings a lot
- I failed in math when I was in school
- I cheated once when I was in school
- I got caught cheating in a school exam
- My grandfather was a pilot
- I had a turtle for a pet
- I have a twin sister
- My sibling is ten years younger than me
- I was born in another country
- My parents didn’t let me own a mobile phone until I was twenty years old
- My name was given by my grandfather
- I am a single child
- I have lived in three countries till now
- I have citizenship from another country
- I was the topper in my school
- I have something antique that has been passed down in the family
- I was closer to my father than my mother when I was a kid
- My grandfather has a twin
- My sister cut my hair
- I have twenty cousins
- My parents adopted me when I was three years old
- I broke one of my bones in college
- I studied hard in college
- I had a treehouse when I was a kid
- I am still in touch with my school bestie
- I was the most good-looking person in school
- I wanted to be a guitarist when I was in school
- I can write with both hands
- A famous movie star is my relative
- We never used to live in the same city for more than two years
- I appeared in a TV ad when I was a kid
- I visited Disneyland for the first time when I was four years old
- My mother is left-handed like me
- I have two half-brothers
- I don’t know how to swim
- I met a car accident when I was a kid
- I am scared of dark places
- I am scared of ghosts
- I am great at singing
- I won many awards in school
- My dad was in the navy
- I love watching cartoons
- I am a bathroom singer
- I was great at English when I was in school
Ideas for Lies About Achievements
We see so many things in life as our achievements, aren’t they? And we are proud of them.
Some of you may have gotten several scholarships for studies, or some may have gotten awards for something great.
Whatever it is, our achievements are very close to our heart, isn’t it?
Do the other players in the game know what in life you have achieved so far?
Let’s check their knowledge!
- I was the topper in college
- I got a double promotion in middle school
- I am fluent in five languages
- No one in my family, other than me, went to a university
- I got admission to one of my favorite colleges
- I have a YouTube channel with more than one million subscribers
- I made an Instagram reel that got viral within minutes
- I received an award from a very famous person
- I received the “Employee of the Year” award for three consecutive years in my office
- The first video on my YouTube channel got ten million views
- I interviewed a famous writer
- When I was in college, I got a scholarship for all the years
- I own a farmhouse
- I bought a beach house recently
- I left my studies for my passion but then went back and finished it
- I once won a lottery of one million dollar
- I have always been good with my grades
- I bought my mother her favorite jewelry with my first salary
- I own the car of my dreams
- I have multiple degrees
- In all the interviews I have appeared in so far, I have been chosen
- I got awards for being good at spelling in school
- I contribute to multiple nursing homes
- I took an educational loan when I was in college, and now I have paid the loan all by myself
- I used to teach the poor without taking any money.
- I can speak Spanish fluently
- I have received awards for my dancing
- I am fluent in French
- I know sign language
- When I was in college, I won a beauty pageant
- I work in IT, and I am a freelance makeup artist
- I have multiple sources of income
- I got my first paycheck from YouTube just after four months after launching my channel
- I met some famous players
- I am a part-time photographer
- I wrote a romantic comedy that became a best-seller on Kindle
- I hold a record for swimming
- I received an award for javelin throw
- I play badminton like a professional
- I am great at playing tennis
- I hold a record in cricket
- I can do multiple tasks at the same time
- I have seen rapid growth in my career
- I was a tennis champion in school
- I received an award for my poetry in school
- Some of my DIY home projects received more than one million likes on YouTube and Instagram
- One of my favorite stars is my YouTube subscriber
- I got an offer for a role in a movie
- I bought my first car at the age of twenty-two
- I bought my first home at the age of twenty-four
Ideas for Lies About Sports
This is the time to confuse your friends about your sports preference and involvement.
How good are you at sports? Do you have any secret sports talent? Do you have any special feelings for a specific sport?
It is time to unveil! And your friends need to guess correctly which of your statements are lies.
- I once decided to choose dance as a profession
- I dance like a professional
- I have taken singing lessons from a famous singer
- I love paragliding
- I have done paragliding more than ten times
- I love staking
- I am very good at playing football
- I was the caption of my school cricket team
- I have played for the country
- I am a national-level swimmer
- I won a marathon
- I get up at 4 a.m. to practice cricket
- I am a champion in basketball
- I want to be in NFL someday
- I don’t know how to drive a car
- I can do bike stunts
- I love surfing
- I was a surfing champion
- I dream of being in the national cricket team one day
- I complete reading all the sports news before going to the office in the morning
- My day is not complete without playing chess
- I keep notes of all things happening in the sports industry
- I played for a different country when I was in college
- I used to coach football
- I suck at bowling
- I don’t know how to ride a horse
- I don’t know how to play cricket
- I don’t know the meaning of the cards used in football
- I am a good chess player
- I don’t know how to play golf
- I was on the school basketball team
- I don’t like any kind of sports
- I am not a sportsperson
- I prefer sleeping to playing sports
- I am lazy when it comes to sports
- I have won many awards for swimming
- Sports is not my thing
- I gave football coaching to school kids
- I dream of being a Formula 1 driver someday
- Roger Federer is my favorite tennis player
Ideas for Lies About Food
I am a big foodie, and my friends know that too. So I like to try new food items whenever I get the chance.
But what is your food habit? What kind of food do you like the most? Is there anything that you dislike?
Come, let’s see how well your friends know about your food preferences!
- I love chocolates
- My day is not complete without eating anything sweet
- I always eat healthily
- I don’t eat spicy food
- I am a big fan of continental food
- I don’t like eating fruits
- I follow a vegan diet
- I don’t like eating vegetables
- I have a small backyard garden where I grow organic fruits and vegetables
- You can never make me eat sweets
- I have a sweet tooth
- I always eat non-veg food
- I don’t believe in veganism
- Seafood is my weakness
- I can drink five bottles of beer at a go
- No matter how hard I drink, I never get drunk
- I love pizza
- My favorite pizza toppings are cheese and olives
- I don’t like pasta
- I drink three liters of water a day
- I start my day with a detox drink
- I end my day with a glass of warm water
- I hate eggplants
- I am a coffee addict
- Hot chocolate is my favorite
- Nutella pancakes are my favorite kind of pancakes
- I hate seafood
- I don’t like chocolates
- I dislike strawberry flavor the most
- Blueberries are my favorite
- I am lactose intolerant
- I am allergic to milk
- Coffee keeps me going
- I don’t like coffee
- KFC is my favorite food chain
- I don’t like gluten-free products
- I drink only green tea
- I only eat what my dietician has suggested
- I have five cheat days in a month
- I don’t count calories while eating
- I don’t like to put milk in my cereal
- I am not fond of Jell-O
- I avoid deep-fried food
- I hate pancakes
- I don’t like cheese
- I can survive on just cookies
- I am allergic to aloe vera
- Fresh lime soda is my favorite drink
- I like vanilla-flavored ice cream the most
- I don’t like anything sour
Ideas for Lies About Personality
We all have different personalities. Don’t we?
Some of us talk too much, while some of us don’t like to talk. Some of us cannot stay cool when the situation gets out of hand, and some of us can manage situations very well.
Now, don’t be sorry if you have a negative trait. We all are beautiful in our own way.
So, here the question is, do the other players know your positive and negative personality traits?
It is time to find out!
- I’m an early riser
- I go to bed by 9 p.m.
- I don’t like the color blue
- White is my favorite color
- I like blueberries just because it’s blue
- I hate the color black
- I don’t like wearing pink
- History is my favorite subject
- I like eating ice cream in winter
- I don’t like dogs
- I don’t like cats
- I cannot sleep until it is 3 a.m.
- I don’t like it when my close ones tell me what I should do
- I don’t like quiet people
- I am an introvert
- I don’t like music
- I don’t like watching movies in a theater
- I don’t like to sit idle
- I am sluggish
- I paint during my free time
- I am a big fan of DIY projects
- I like to design my own clothes
- I don’t like people who say something offensive in the name of jokes
- I am very emotional
- I am a very strong
- I am fearless
- I am scared of lizards
- I don’t like playing online games
- I prefer sitting and talking to going out and partying
- I like long romantic walks
- I like to travel by bus
- I like wearing the same old pajamas to bed every day
- I don’t like gadgets much
- I don’t feel broken easily
- I become anxious often
- I have a soft corner for cricket
- I like things to be perfect
- I am a family man
- I like to live alone
- Travel is my hobby
- Photography is my passion
- I am horrible I math
- I gel with people easily
- I find it hard to start a conversation
- I like to watch late-night movies
- Binge-watching Netflix is not my thing
- I like horror movies
- I cry watching emotional scenes
- I don’t like jokes
- I don’t like surprises
Ideas for Lies About Relationships
Not everyone is open about their relationships, right?
While some like to let everyone know about their love life, some like to keep it hidden. But, no matter what category you fall in, we are always curious about other people’s personal lives, aren’t we?
So, this section of lies is dedicated to just that! Tell the other players about your relationships and love life and see if they can guess it right.
- I had my first relationship at the age of ten
- I had my first kiss at the age of eleven
- I had a crush on my math teacher
- I once flirted with my professor in college
- I am a bi-sexual
- I kissed my cousin
- I kissed my teacher
- I had feelings for my geography teacher
- I had a one-night stand with someone double my age
- I dated a guy who was younger than me
- I am in an open relationship
- I don’t trust my partner
- My ex cheated on me
- My ex slept with my best friend
- My best friend is my partner’s ex
- I fell for my best friend’s brother
- I slept with a stranger
- I like role-playing
- I don’t like BDSM
- I don’t like to be submissive in a relationship
- I dated a police officer
- I went on a blind date and found out that my date was my schoolmate
- I like making out in public
- I once had sex in public and almost got caught
- I had sex in a plane
- I had sex in the back seat of a car
- I find my friend’s dad hot
- I dated a millionaire
- I hate my ex
- I don’t want to marry ever
- I don’t like kids
- I fantasize one of you
- I dreamt about one of you last night
- I went skinny dipping
- I still wonder how people have sex in an airplane
- I kissed a girl (same sex)
- I think my partner is no longer in love with me
- I am not a romantic person
- I don’t like receiving surprises from my partner
- I am committed
- I want to get married in the next two years
- I want my partner to propose to me this year
- I don’t believe in love at first sight
- I don’t think love really exists
- I don’t think I will ever find a partner
- I have been in a relationship for fifteen years
- I still have feelings for my ex
- I had sex on a beach
- I like being on top
Ideas for Lies About Random Funny Things
There are so many habits that one can have. And there are so many things that happen in one’s life. Right?
In this section, I have listed some random lying ideas that you can use as statements in the fun two truths and a lie game.
Are you ready?
- I can eat two large pizzas in a go
- I am fond of Indian cuisine
- I don’t like cold drinks
- I hate diet cokes
- I love eating carbs
- My diet is only protein
- I eat eleven eggs a day
- I have rice for breakfast
- The smell of coriander leaves makes me puke
- I can’t handle the taste of broccoli
- I have a fear of getting on an escalator
- I dyed my hair orange
- I am full of superstitions
- I can use my tongue to touch my nose
- I make weird sounds while snoring
- I cannot sleep alone
- I cannot sleep in a dark room
- I am scared of lizards
- I am addicted to the smell of kerosine
- I can cook noodles like a chef
- I don’t know how to drive
- I have given a driving test five times but failed every time
- I am good at lying
- I cut my own hair
- I have a hidden bald patch
- I am very clumsy
- I can sleep standing
- I walk in my sleep
- I talk in my sleep
- I got caught while watching porn
- I often prank-call people
- I had a crush on my boss
- I liked a guy, but then I got to know that he was married
- I find bald men sexy
- I find men with beards hot
- I have a pet mouse
- I shout at the mirror whenever I get angry
- I am scared of caterpillars
- One of my funny videos went viral
- I fell from a horse while riding it
- I would like to pet a snake one day
- I slapped my roommate in my sleep
- I texted a break-up message from my friend’s phone to her boyfriend
- I know my partner’s phone password
- Instant noodle is the only thing I can cook
- I hugged a celebrity
- I want to have a grand wedding
- I scream every time I wax
- Money is my weakness
- I don’t like makeup
Use these lies in your following two truths and a lie game with your friends. Or, use these as icebreakers in your next gathering.
You will have a hearty laughing session. Trust me.
You can modify these lies according to your preference too. And don’t forget to tell me how it went!
Hi, I am Claudia, I run TheQueenMomma’s content creation team, personally focusing on topics which add joy to people’s life. You would usually see me writing on topics like Jokes, Riddles, Truth & Dare as well as Baby Names etc.
In my professional career, I have a Bachelor’s and Master’s in sociology and specialize in media and crime. Once I finished my education, I began my career working as a journalist, reporting on various topics like crime, justice and family law. Even though I valued journalism, I came to the realization that I wanted to have a more immediate impact in people’s lives as well as bring joy to them.