Are you ready to add some spine-chilling twists to your journal entries? How about Halloween journal prompts?
When I was a kid, I used to sit down with my younger sister and write in our journals. And I loved to do that. So, now you know that I was interested in writing even when I was a kid! And did I tell you I have those journals with me still today? Yes, my mom stored all my journals.
Now that I am a mother myself, I really want to introduce journals to my little one once she grows a bit bigger, as she is just a baby now.
Journals are a great way to give your kid’s imagination a boost. And the best time you can introduce it to them is during Halloween. Use Halloween journal prompts. This will give your kid some more reason to get excited in the holiday season.
These prompts are a perfect combination of spooky and silly questions. And there are some good questions that will make your kid think. Just have a look at my prompts list, and you will get an idea of what I’m talking about.
Do you want to store these journals as memories? Then make sure to add the date on top. Or, you can just write the prompt on the top of your journal’s page.
Do you want to make this Halloween more fun for your kids this year? Put the prompts in a bowl and ask your kids to pick up one prompt each day. They will enjoy it a lot. And once your kids have the prompt, let them do whatever they want. They can either jot down a few thoughts or choose to write in detail. If your kid is not that older to write, they can even draw. And when they are busy journaling, you will get some time for yourself too.
Best Halloween Journal Prompts
If you involve your child in journaling, know that this will help preserve their memories, use their imagination, find a love for writing and grow their thinking abilities. So make use of these Halloween journal prompts and let their imagination fly!
Halloween Journal Prompts for Kids
These Halloween journal prompts are suitable for young minds.
- What, according to you, is the perfect kind of Halloween party?
- What is the one thing that you love to do during Halloween?
- Among so many costumes that you have worn to date for Halloween, which one is your favorite?
- What is the first Halloween costume you have ever worn? Can you remember?
- What is the scariest memory that you have of Halloween?
- What is the craziest prank you have ever played on someone on Halloween?
- What is the favorite memory you have of Halloween?
- Does your family follow any tradition for Halloween? What is it?
- If you were to prepare the witch’s brew, what would you mix in it?
- What is the one thing you don’t like about Halloween? And why is that so?
- Who is the one you don’t want to miss spending Halloween with?
- Who makes your Halloween the happiest?
- What activity during Halloween makes you the happiest?
- If you had the power to fly on a magic broomstick, what is the first place that you would go to?
- Would you rather eat spiders or worms?
- If you go to a haunted house on Halloween and you get stuck, who is that one person that you would call for help?
- If you enter a corn maze and can’t come out of it, who is the first person that would come to your mind for help?
- If I see ghosts in my house, I would…
- When I see big spiders, I…
- Have you ever made a costume for Halloween all by yourself?
- Have you ever worn a homemade Halloween costume?
- What is the best homemade Halloween costume you have ever seen?
- What is the worst memory you have of Halloween?
- What would you do if there were zombies in your town?
- If you get to know somehow that some of your neighbors have become vampires, what would you do?
- What would you do if you saw one of your friends killing a spider and eating it?
- What would you do if there were some vampires in your neighborhood and they wanted to make you a vampire too by drinking your blood?
- What songs do you have in your Halloween playlist?
- Which book do you like to read the most during Halloween?
- Who is your favorite Halloween author?
- Is there any specific dish you like to eat during Halloween, and you wait for the entire year for Halloween just to eat?
- If you were given a choice to be a ghost or a vampire, what would you choose to be? What is the reason?
- If you were friends with a vampire, what favor would you ask from them?
- If you were friends with a vampire, would you dare go on their coven with them?
- If you ever get the chance to talk to a vampire, what would you say to them?
- What would you do if you had the power to see dead people?
- If you could talk to dead people, what would you say to them? And why?
- If you had the power to be invisible whenever you want, where would you travel, or what would you do?
- Is there anything that reminds you of Halloween?
- If you ever visit a haunted house, what kind of experience would you like to gather?
- Is there any specific thing you want to see if you enter a haunted house?
- Have you ever had a paranormal experience on Halloween? What is it?
- Do you wish to enter a haunted house alone?
- Do you like spooky things?
- Do you like to watch horror movies?
- Which horror movie is your favorite?
- Is there any specific horror film you like to watch during Halloween?
- Do you like to go trick or treating with your friends on Halloween? If so, why, and if not, why?
- If spiders could talk, what would you want to talk to them about?
- If bats could talk, what would you like to talk to them about?
- If you were a bat, what is the first thing that you would do?
- If you were a vampire, what would you do? Would you bite anyone?
- If you were a werewolf, what would you do?
- Write a poem using these words: orange, bats, ghosts, Halloween, and candies
- What would it look like if you wore a DIY Halloween costume?
- Is there anything you are grateful for that you can do during Halloween?
- What would you do if you were a witch or warlock?
- Is there anyone that you wish you could cast a spell on?
- If you were a witch or a warlock, what three spells would you like to cast? Describe them
- Is there any color that reminds you of Halloween?
- What is your favorite trick for Halloween?
- If a witch casts a spell on you and you become a scarecrow, what would you do? How would you like to be dressed?
- Do you want to do all the Fall activities? If so, why? If not, why?
- Do you like reading horror stories? What about horror stories excite you the most?
- If God grants you three wishes, what would you ask for?
- If you were a monster, what would you like to look like? Do you have any specific look in mind?
- When you go to a pumpkin patch and choose the pumpkin, what are the things that you look at?
- If you see a black cat crossing your path on the night of Halloween, what would you do?
- What is the best Halloween movie, according to you? State the reason
- What is the craziest thing you like to do during Halloween?
- Is there something that you are scared of? What is it, or what are they?
- How do you feel when you make jack-o-lantern? Do you like it? If so, why? If not, why?
- According to you, the best Halloween is when…
- If you get the chance to create a monster for Halloween night, what would you create? Describe
- On a dark, lonely, cold, and creepy Halloween night, I would…
- If you were to cross a cemetery on the night of Halloween, how would you feel?
- What is your favorite treat from trick or treating?
- If you were given the responsibility to design a haunted house, how would you design it? How many rooms would it have? What would be the theme of each room? Describe all in detail.
- Write a horror story that is perfect for a campfire setting on Halloween. The climax of the story must be such that it scares the listeners away.
- If you were given the responsibility to plan the Halloween party for school, how would you do it? How would you decorate the rooms? What would be the food and the activities? What costumes would you like the students to wear?
- Write a story about a boy or a girl who goes trick and treating. The story shall start from the point when they put on their Halloween costume and end at the point when they take off their costumes. You need to tell everything that happens in-between.
Spooky Halloween Writing Prompts
Don’t be too strict with the grammar or spelling. Just let your kid build their imagination. And who knows, they may come up with some amazing writing prompts!
- My friends and I love to go door to door for trick treating on Halloween because —
- They said that the last house on the street was haunted, but I didn’t get any spooky vibe, so…
- On this cold month of October, the winds at night send chills down my…
- There was a yellow glow coming out of the jack-o-lantern, only…
- I was running down the street with my bag of candies, then I saw…
- The Halloween costume with a white sheet and two holes for the eyes gave no clue about the kid that was wearing it…
- Meow! The cat in black color was scared…
- My friends and I were trick or treating, and we knocked on the door…
- It was a dark, cold, stormy night of Halloween when…
- It was a dark Halloween night when I saw…
- It is fun to plan a Halloween party. And for that, first, you need to…
- I got a bag full of candy on Halloween. I was counting them when…
- On the day of Halloween, my mom, and dad…
- I had the best Halloween of all times when I…
- A strange noise came from the closet, so I opened the door and…
- The black cat crossed my path on the night of Halloween when…
- The pumpkin that we bought for Halloween suddenly turned into a …
- There was a mysterious object flying in the air on the night of Halloween when..,
- I got a spooky feeling when I heard…
- The large cauldron containing purple liquid came to a boil when…
- The silliest memory I have of Halloween is when…
- I entered the haunted house alone, and suddenly the door got shut down behind me, then…
- I couldn’t believe what I had seen. It was…
- Was it my imagination, or the tendrils of my ivy house plant actually kept growing towards my direction when…
- I loved my dog so much. I felt so devastated that I buried it in the backyard so that I could keep it close to me after it died. But I didn’t expect…
- I had to walk home alone from tuition in the evening, and the only way was through the graveyard, where…
- For the past week, whenever I looked in the mirror to see my face, there was something unusual, and I ….
- I got a call from an unknown number. When I received it, I heard a scream in my own voice from the other side, and then the same voice said…
- I was on a road trip with my friends. Little oil was left in the engine, so we had to stop in a dark, spooky town where…
- The little boy was all alone in the home when she heard a scream and went upstairs, only to discover…
- I was on my computer when I heard someone open the main door of our house. I went out and saw…
- I was feeling so excited to inherit the doll collection of my grandmother. When I was a kid and visited her home, I used to play with the dolls for hours. Now that she is no more, I brought all the dolls to my home, cleaned them up, and made their sitting arrangement on a shelf in my living room. The next day when I looked at them, they were not in the location where I made them sit. In fact, they were all at different corners of the living room. This made me think for a bit, but then I forgot as the day went by. But after a week, I discovered…
- They were looking to buy a new home, as the apartment they lived in was not big enough for the three children and their parents. Also, the location of the house was not good. One fine morning, they came to know about a new house on sale. It was in a good location, it was big, and they all fell in love with it at first sight. They were a bit skeptical at first, as such a beautiful house was available at such a good price. But then they bought it and moved in. Only after that did they hear from the neighbors about the bad history of the house. It…
- Mary was still sleepy, so she0 stretched and sat up in her bed. It was her birthday, and she was super excited, thinking about what surprises her parents had for her. She opened her eyes slowly and screamed. A guy was standing right next to her bed with a smile on his face saying, “what are your plans for our birthday, sister?” Mary was the only child. However, her mother…
- When I heard the voice for the first time, I thought maybe it was the new song’s lyrics that were playing on the TV. But then I heard the voice for the second and third time in the shower and in the kitchen, respectively. It was a creepy voice saying, “I see you.” After that, I decided to…
Did you like the Halloween journal prompts? Is there anything else that you would like to add to this list?
Let me know in the comments!
Hi, I am Claudia, I run TheQueenMomma’s content creation team, personally focusing on topics which add joy to people’s life. You would usually see me writing on topics like Jokes, Riddles, Truth & Dare as well as Baby Names etc.
In my professional career, I have a Bachelor’s and Master’s in sociology and specialize in media and crime. Once I finished my education, I began my career working as a journalist, reporting on various topics like crime, justice and family law. Even though I valued journalism, I came to the realization that I wanted to have a more immediate impact in people’s lives as well as bring joy to them.