A mother is a child’s first best friend, first teacher, first fashion icon and designer, first playmate, first hairdresser, and the first woman who first thought of her child so amazingly. A child is a mom’s #1 fan, her treasure, her sunshine and her storm, someone that she will protect at all cost, a younger version of herself, her anchor that will keep her grounded and strong. Together, they surge through life spreading love and courage. However, a mother and child relationship isn’t all unicorns and rainbows. Sometimes, it can be complicated just like any other relationship. It is quite difficult to explain, so we have prepared 20 mother and child quotes to walk you through what a mother and child relationship is.
Perhaps, you could also find something that resonates with you or pick wisdom from (and Instagram captions too!) this Mother’s Day.
1. “Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me. “– Lady Gaga
2. “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall. A mother’s secret love outlives them all.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr
3. “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.” – Cheryl Lacey Donovan
4. “Mothers are full of love and laughter, filling our hearts forever after. Mothers are always loving and dreaming, putting up with us and all of our scheming. Mothers are sweet smiles and happy faces, forgiving us of our troublesome disgraces. Mothers deserve this day of their own, to be the queen of our heart and of her home. Happy Mother’s Day!”– Susan M Keenan
5. “My mother wanted me to be her wings, to fly as she never quite had the courage to do so. I love her for that. I love the fact that she wanted to give birth to her own wings.” – Erica Jong
6. “Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together.” – Pearl S Buck
7. “Any woman can be a mother but it takes someone special to be called Mom.” – Anonymous
8. “If there’s one person in this world who can love us unconditionally, care for us without limits and make us smile effortlessly, it is you, dear mother. I wish you a lifetime of happiness. I love you. Happy Mother’s day.”– Anonymous
9. “When I look at you, I’m home.” – Dory, Finding Nemo
10. “Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.”– Anonymous
11. “Happy mothers day to all the beautiful mothers working hard just to put a warm meal on the table and taking care of their family, much love.” – Anonymous
12. “How do I explain to her? She is as respected as Mother Teresa, as powerful as Stalin, and as beautiful as Margaret Thatcher.” – Leslie Knope, Parks and Recreation
13. “The bond between a mother and her child is the only real and purest bond in the world, the only true love we can ever find in our lifetime.” Ama H. Vanniarachchy
14. “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.” —Robert A. Heinlein
15. The sweetest sounds to mortals given are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven. – William Goldsmith Brown
16. “There were times when…I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.”– Taylor Swift
17. “I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” – Bilal Zahoor
18. “My mother, she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” – Jodi Picoult
19. “A mother is a person who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.” – Anonymous
20. “Happy Mothers Day to all moms, grannies, great grannies, stepmoms, foster moms, and those who lost their mom. Moms are priceless!” – Anonymous
How are the mother and child quotes you just read? Found something for you? Angels in the shape of mothers and children are also warriors who fight for happiness, family, dreams, and for each other. Both are reciprocating masterpieces made to empower each other, to lean on each other, and to protect each other. A true image of beauty, compassion, courage, strength, and purest form of love in 20 mother and child quotes that you could always come back to if you need a mantra!
Happy Mother’s Day, Queen Momma! 🙂