“Discipline and teaching children tolerable ways to conduct themselves is, undeniably, one of the trickiest parts of parenting.”
Welcome to the parenting world! Pretty sure, the happiness that you are feeling as parents of a beautiful angel is priceless. Being a parent is a valuable gift, but it also comes with a great deal of responsibilities.
Discipline and teaching children tolerable ways to conduct themselves is, undeniably, one of the trickiest parts of parenting. These days, you’ll find various ideas on how to appropriately discipline children. However, bear in mind that the goal of discipline is to guide your little one through their developmental periods while educating them important behaviors and lessons that will help them grow up into successful adults.
How do you keep your child from heading to the DVD player? How can you get him or her to value your authority?
Here are 15 tips to help you with discipline:
1. Tell or show your child how his behavior affects you. This will help him see his feelings in yours.
2. Listen courteously. You can nod as your little one talks, and imitate what you think he is feeling. Doing this will mean a lot, such as helping them cope up with big emotions and tension.
3. Show and teach your kid what she needs to do, instead of telling her what not to do.
4. Positive feedback is crucial. Always give your child a positive feedback when he’s behaving in a manner you like.
5. Keep things positive and simple so he will know what is expected of him. It is advised to implement positive rules as it guides the behavior of a child in a positive manner.
Dedicated to all mothers, soon-to-be-parents and on the way to family life, The Queen Momma is a blog where all the wonders, adventures and magic happen!